At Taylor Funeral Home, we encourage families to create very personalized services. It is important to acknowledge that a life that has been lived and to offer to the community a way in which to celebrate that life. By offering services and memorialization features that are personal and special, a unique life can be remembered and honored in an individualized way that is comforting to the family and friends.
Today, making any kind of funeral arrangements involves many choices and decisions. It is helpful to consider all the options and take time to ask questions before making final decisions about such an important event. Below is a list of some of the things we help each family with:
- Arranging funeral details.
- Assisting in notifying friends and relatives.
- Securing necessary permits and death certificates.
- Care and custody of the body and embalming, if requested.
- Coordinating details with the clergy person.
- Arranging the music you have selected and notifying soloists, singers, and musicians.
- Placing obituary and funeral notices in the newspapers.
- Assisting in arrangements for cemetery space, grave opening and closing, flowers, and monuments.
- Notifying any fraternal orders or other organizations who might have a part in the service.
- Supervision and direction of the funeral or memorial service - church, funeral home, graveside, or other location.
- Notifying your attorney if you are in need of legal assistance.
- Assistance in securing Veterans Administration burial allowances to which you may be entitled.
- Assistance if filing a claim for benefits under the U.S. Social Security Act, if applicable.
- Help in completing insurance claim forms.
- Contacting friends to serve as pallbearers.
- If the deceased is to be sent to a distant location for burial, we will make all necessary arrangements for transportation, funeral service, and burial at that destination.
- Follow-up after the funeral; practical assistance with unforeseen details and help in making adjustments.
- Helping the family in any way possible.
If you need more information about our Professional Services, please contact us by phone in Louisville at 478-625-7761, in Gibson at 478-625-7761 and in Waynesboro at 706-551-5100 any time of day or night or feel free to stop by the funeral home, ask questions, and get acquainted. We're here to help.